A handful of updates
Happy 2015! The past couple of months have been wild.
- Unicorns Are Jerks got mentioned on George Takei’s Facebook in November!
- io9 gave Mer World Problems a shout-out!
- December 2014 coloring book sales were RIDICULOUS (Thanks, George!), which means I can DEFINITELY do this thing full-time for another year! This time last year, I was half-convinced the whole coloring books thing was going to be a short-term fad. I’m glad to say it’s turning out to be at least a medium-term fad! I’ll happily keep making these things as long as you folks keep buying them. Thank you for giving me the best job ever.
- I signed on to illustrate my friend H. Jonathan Goltz’s upcoming project, a delightfully twisted post-apocalyptic picture book about making friends! It’s fantastically creepy-cute, and when it comes out in late 2016 you should definitely check it out.
- I did the cover art for Lyda Morehouse’s upcoming short sci-fi detective story “The Case of the Missing Devil Child,” which I’ll link to when it’s out.
- Unicorns Are Jerks showed up in unexpected places, which spread around Facebook and made it to The Daily Dot with possibly my favorite headline ever: Amazon Glitch Exposes Children to Anti-Unicorn Propoganda.
- I’ve just been welcomed into the Wyrdsmiths, a well-established local SFF writers group I’ve admired for years! They’re an awesome bunch of authors, and I’m beyond psyched to be joining them.