It sounds like a good, formidable number. Twenty-eight is how old I am today, and here is an abridged list of the projects I have going on between now and the next birthday, in no particular order:
- Further coloring book tycoonery, which may be done hand in hand with a publishing house and/or self-published, but which will definitely involve at least one new book out this year. That I promise you.
- Finishing Thesis. (Am currently in the final stage of it, reading the whole manuscript aloud and polishing it.)
- Graduating with my MFA in Fiction!
- Finding a new day job.
- Renting an apartment of my very own with lots of sunlight and no roommates.
- Getting this website overhauled with a better design and accurate URL.
- Legally changing my name, I hope?
- Acting as Director of Marketing for a fanworks convention that will be held in 2014.
- Querying agents about my novel, which HOLY CRAP am I excited about!
- Tabling at a minimum of two local conventions and attending at least three more.
- Finishing one of the novels sitting half-done on my back burner, and probably starting another, because if I’m not actively working on a novel-length writing project at all times, I start making sad puppy noises and listening to Death Cab for Cutie too much.
- Finishing the script for Peter Apteryx webcomic on my own and get more done on Not So Secret Gay Vampire Webcomic Project with my team, who prove themselves more wonderful collaborators every time we work together. (<3)
- Making at least one short-form comic (10-20 pages) and getting started drawing one longer webcomic project (50+ pages).
- NOT DYING OR KILLING ANY COLLABORATORS. This one’s important.
- Fanart, fanfic, and podfic, always. Fanworks keep me sane.
Twenty-eight is shaping up to be full of major life changes and Hufflepuffery. I’m excited to see where it takes me.